There are some tips for torque wrench safety and precautionary measures that every mechanics should adopt before and during use of Torque Wrench.
1. Always read manuals and other instruction material before use.
2.Never use a Torque wrench beyond it’s range/capacity mentioned in instruction manual.
3.Do not use any extension like pipe to avoid incorrect reading unless recommended by manufacturer.
4. Do not hit hammer on it or do not use it as replacement of hammer.
5. Never push, Always pull the wrench during applying torque.
6. Never use it on wear/cracked bolt or fasteners and same wise do not use if drive of wrench is worn otherwise we will not get good result. Always inspect the jaws, knurl and socket from inside.
7. Always kept it in storage case to protect it from moisture and other lubricant for long life.
8. Always wear or use eye protection tool for safety purposes.
9. Do not used it in heavy rains or high humidity and places where chance of water penetration is high.
10. In case of abnormal noise, dropping or entering of lubricant like oil/water, stop use and contact to service house for inspection and repairing.
11. To maintain it measuring accuracy , torque wrench calibration should be done periodically.
12. Always use the that socket that is match to the the size of bolt or nut otherwise it is impossible to get correct result. Correct size of socket is beneficial for both wrench and bolt.
13. Always grasp the wrench in the middle to avoid hand slipping during use.
14. Avoid to placed it in excessive heat to avoid any structural damage.
15. Choose correct size of jaws or drive to prevent any slippage while applying the force.
16. Position yourself in such a way that slippage of wrench won’t hurt you.
17. Always clean it before and after of use.